Responsible To: Program Manager for Summer Camps, Classes, and Sleepovers
Task Description: Throughout the school year the Camps, Classes and Sleepover Department offers a variety of fun and educational science programs. Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of weekend workshops, preschool and homeschool classes, evening sleepovers, and more!
* Assist in creating lesson plans and materials for classes and workshops.
* Create and prepare hand-on demonstrations for classroom activities or walk-up tables.
* Organize and clean classroom supplies.
* Assist instructors in carrying out science lessons.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working with children
* Background and interest in science, and science education
* Organizational skills
* Self-motivated and independent worker
Skills to be Learned:
* Lesson planning and preparation
* Classroom management methods
* Science demonstration safety practices
* Ability to demonstrate a variety of scientific concepts in the classroom and in informal learning
* Interns will not be asked to conduct science activities alone
* Interns will not discipline children
* Interns will not be responsible for administrating first aid
* Interns will not be responsible for handling money
* On the job training with current instructor and coordinators.
* 120 hours minimum during the semester. Very flexible schedule including week day, weekend, and
occasional evening opportunities.
To Apply: Send a letter of intent, resume, a letter of reference from either an academic advisor or professor BY APRIL 1, 2018, to:
Carnegie Science Center
One Allegheny Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- OR -
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hours during the semester-Flex schedule
- Fab Lab Educational Internship...
- Interactive Exhibits Intern...
- Volunteer Engagement and Special...
- Presenter, Science Theaters -...
- Group Experience Internship...
- BodyStage - Anatomy/Biology...
- Fab Lab Technical Intern...
- Marketing Internship (Unpaid) -...
- Education Intern, Science...
- Miniature Railroad & Village...
- Animal and Habitat Internship...
- Classes & Sleepovers Education...
- BodyStage - Nutrition Internship...
- XPLOR Store Internship (Unpaid)...