High School Juniors and Seniors visit hospice patients in facilities and learn about hospice and healthcare. Perfect for teens considering careers in healthcare, geriatrics, social work, psychology and related fields or for those who simply enjoy making elderly people feel better. You'll volunteer with a student partner, learn to complete documentation and follow a visit frequency, just like professional staff do. If you like learning and helping people, this volunteer work is perfect for you.
Project lasts 6 months. At the end of the successful completion of the program, you'll be eligible for letters of recommendation for school, scholarship or employment.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours twice a month
- Driver for non-driving teen must provide evidence of driver's license and auto insurance.
- Volunteer in Your Pajamas!
- Office Volunteer in Arlington /...
- Friends Volunteers Needed Now
- Teen Hospice Service-Learning...
- Naturally Helpful Person Needed!...
- College Service-Learning Project
- Married Couples Needed
- Volunteer in Crowley
- Volunteer Proficient in American...
- Teen Service-Learning...
- Good Humor Volunteer in Crowley
- Musicians & Singers
- Beautiful Hands and Girl Time in...
- Visiting Veterans
- Cedar Hill Volunteer Needed...
- Virtually Virtual Volunteering