Blood Services Transportation Specialist
1 person is interested
Do you have great customer service skills and want to make a difference? Support the American Red Cross blood program as a Blood Services Transportation Specialist!
As a Blood Services Transportation Specialist you will transport blood from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing and distribute tested blood and blood products to area hospitals. In addition you may need to pick-up and return empty boxes from hospitals and deliver blood and other materials to and from other regional sites.
- Willingness to support Red Cross Mission
- Valid state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
- Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
- Experience to demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Successful completion of ARC Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
- At least 1 shift per month preferred
- Complete required paperwork and obtain required signatures
- Communicate with Red Cross staff regarding changes and urgent issues
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner adhering to all traffic laws
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignments
If interested, please contact CTRIvolunteer@redcross.org and apply online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
209 Farmington Ave.FarmingtonFarmington, CT 06032
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Experience to demonstrate reliability and punctuality.