The Scraper Bike Team empowers urban youth living in underserved communities through self-expression and creativity. We encourage youth entrepreneurship and promote healthy, sustainable living for all. The Scraper Bike Team will use each work of bicycle art to impact social justice and global change.
The Scraper Bike Team is looking for competitive volunteers to carry out the following duties:
Event Plan for the Scraper Bike Team
- Booking venues for fundraisers community events and bike rides.
- Assist in booking events, festivals and any other community engagement.
- Book catering for meetings, community events, workshops, etc.
- Seek designs for shirts, flyers, event themes, etc.
- Seek entertainment for events
- Attend & Promote events, workshops and bike rides.
- Transport supplies to and from the Shed to events, workshops and bike rides.
- Handout literature, sit at booths at community rides, festivals and any other public outing.
- Work close with PR and Event Planner.
- Promote events on radio, news, social media and any other media outlet.
- Sign up new members to the Scraper Bike Team.
- Seek corporate sponsors.
- Book community events near and abroad.
- Book commercial agent.
- Book radio/news/tv interviews (Ellen the General, and Oprah Winfrey)
- Work close with Event Planner, and promotion team.
- Set up and attend Scraper Bike meetings.
- Take notes during meeting enter them in Google Drive.
- Enter membership forms into a computer system.
- Print material for meetings, membership orientations,
- Manage and create an email list.
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 16hrs per week
- Be committed and be loyal.