Niños de Guatemala - Antigua, GUATEMALA
Niños de Guatemala (NDG) provides underprivileged children with an education. NDG operates two primary schools and a secondary school which house over 500 Guatemalan children that would otherwise not have been able to go to school. All students receive English classes as part of our standard curriculum. Given the strength of the tourism industry in Guatemala, even a basic grasp of English can dramatically improve a student’s chances of finding a job once he or she graduates from our program.
At Niños de Guatemala we have one local English teacher per school. Niños de Guatemala is seeking a native English speaker volunteer who can help bring the English Program to the next level.
Are you a native English speaker, who is a natural at coordinating and assisting with English Classes? Then we are looking for you!
Apply now for English Program Development Coordinator in Antigua (voluntary, 20h a week).
- Collaborate with the English teachers to create course schedules
- Improve and maintain the curriculum for the English Program
- Responsible for creation of a full-time English Summer School
- Responsible for assessing the current state of our English Program and providing assistance and resources for its improvement
- A dynamic and enthusiastic personality who is willing to invest time in our organization
- Native English Speaker
- Availability to work voluntarily (during weekly mornings)
- TEFL-trained English teacher
- An international, dynamic, vibrant and multi-cultural work environment
- Possibility to rise quickly in level of responsibility within the organization
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children and education
Niños de Guatemala
- NDG is a Dutch-Guatemalan organization which empowers communities in marginalized areas of Guatemala. We achieve this by providing education that extends beyond the traditional classroom across three levels: students, their families, and the larger community.
- We aim to be sustainable both at the organizational and community level through initiating and supporting social business activities and fostering an entrepreneurial spirit.
Please send your cover letter and CV to Zita Tangel at email@example.com and include "Vacancy English Program Development Coordinator" in the subject field. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and candidates will be invited for an interview.BENEFITS
Training ProvidedWE WELCOME
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months minimum
- Resume, Motivation letter, passport copy