1 person is interested
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to help with marketing related activities and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will assist in administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Marketing Specialist in various marketing campaigns such as: social media, crowdfunding, onsite promotions and more. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you improve your marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. You will leave with a diverse understanding of the various roles of marketing. You will be able to work in a diverse environment that demands constant creativity and willingness to learn. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.Marketing Intern Activities & Responsibilities
You will be working alongside the marketing specialist and administrative personnel.
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Performing market analysis and research on competition
- Supporting the marketing administration in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Create and publish monthly newsletters via Mailchimp
- Take professional photos/videos of new arrivals and releases
- Graphic design with Adobe Products such as Lightroom, Photoshop and InDesign
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
- Be a means of backup for the TOUCAN TEAM who works with the daily operations of the Ranch
We are always open to suggestions. Let us know if you have a special skill you think will be useful.Requirements & Qualifications
All applicants require a marketing/communications related discipline or have some experience working in the field.
Must complete required vaccinations and a tetanus vaccination. Must have current international health insurance while in Costa Rica.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Provide proof of health insurance and current tetanus vaccination
- Basic Spanish proficiency
- The ability to follow directions with attention to detail
- A positive "can-do" attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience working with wildlife or animals is a plus
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Photography and video making experience
- Experience in software of Adobe Products (InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. WordPress, Gmail, Online analytics and Google AdWords)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Prior or current education with a related Associates or BS degree
- A reliable laptop where you can do most of your responsibilities from
Ensuring Best Practice Implementation:
- Fostering practices that support and improve the Ranch’s philosophy, goals, and standards of care.
We'll work with your schedule.
Toucan Rescue RanchSan Isidro, Heredia Costa Rica
- Technical Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Must be at least 18
- Basic Spanish, Laptop, some marketing experience