The Squadrons of California Wing, Civil Air Patrol are looking for enthusiastic people to become part of our all volunteer non-profit organization chartered by Congress as the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Do you have a desire to volunteer and serve your community a few evenings per month? Do you have an interest in becoming part of a Search & Rescue organization that saves numerous lives every year throughout Southern California and the United States? As a volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol you can participate in Search and Rescue (SAR) missions; Search and Rescue training exercises (SAREX’s); and disaster relief efforts as part of the Auxiliary to the United States Air Force. The Civil Air Patrol also participates with other disaster relief and governmental organizations such as the Department of Homeland Security, DoD, FEMA and Cal EMA office of emergency services.
If you’re up for the task, CAP offers ordinary citizens stimulating training opportunities few experience outside the military. Our volunteer members train diligently to acquire the life-saving and emergency service skills necessary to assist Federal and State humanitarian agencies when disaster strikes; participate in search and rescue missions; help keep community’s safe through homeland security efforts; and fight the war on drugs by participating in California Wing's Counter Drug program.
While the central focal point of our effort is training and preparation of aircrew for the California Wing fleet, there are many roles available to non-flying members such as radio communications, logistics, planning, and mission staff participation.
The following local Senior (Adult) Squadrons are constantly training and preparing their members for the skills necessary to provide emergency services to the public in a time of need:
- Saddleback Composite Squadron 68 meets most Thursday evening's at 7:00 pm at the U.S. Army Reserve Base - 2651 Newport Blvd. Costa Mesa, CA
- Long Beach Squadron 150 meets most Thursday evening's at 7:30 pm at the Joint Forces Training Base in Los Alamitos. Our address is 3976 Constitution Ave., Los Alamitos CA 90720.
- Falcon Squadron 40 meets most Thursday evening's at 7:00 pm at the Fullerton Municipal Airport - 4119 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833 - AFI Hangar 2.
- Los Alamitos Glider Squadron 41 meets the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month at 8:00 pm at the Joint Forces Training Base in Los Alamitos. Our address is 3976 Constitution Ave., Los Alamitos CA 90720.
The following Cadet Squadrons are constantly seeking local Students to join our all-volunteer non-profit organization:
- Los Alamitos Cadet Squadron 153 meets 6:45 pm every Wednesday at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base - 3967 Constitution Ave., Los Alamitos CA 90720
- Fullerton Composite Squadron 56 meets 7:00 pm every Tuesday at Fullerton Municipal Airport - 4119 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833 - AFI Hangar 2
- Saddleback Composite Squadron 68 meets 7:00 pm every Thursday at the U.S. Army Reserve Base - 2651 Newport Blvd. Costa Mesa, CA 92627-4627
We invite and welcome you to be our guest for an evening at one of our weekly squadron meetings. When you arrive, one of our members will give you a tour of CAP facilities. You'll also get a chance to meet some of our members who will discuss the organization and provide you with informational pamphlets and accompany you for the evening to answer any questions you might have about the Civil Air Patrol.
- Strong organizational skills, people, and communication skills.
- Aged 18 or older for Senior (adult ) members and 12 to 18 for Cadet members.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Enthusiasm for community service.
Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to join.
"CITIZENS SERVING COMMUNITIES"
**COME SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOUR COUNTRY **