Reports to: Director of Development
The Development Assistant is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and public relations activities.
Scope and Impact
The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Institutional Advancement Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
Possible performance measures:
- Number of donations processed and acknowledged within 24 to 48 hours.
- Success in maintaining accuracy of database records.
- Accuracy of fundraising reports.
- Success in coordinating the production of direct mail appeals.
- Success in maintaining donor hard copy files.
Preparation and Knowledge
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Database management experience - GiftWorks preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Flexible schedule - ideally 20 hours per week