Although this is an internship position, full-time growth opportunities could come available with our organization.
For this local site/headquarters and multiprogram organization, the director of programs has an externally facing role managing relationships in the community. There also is a heavy emphasis on team management and development, and establishing standards of performance across all programs.
- Cultivate existing relationships with local community and partners with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources, and access to services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff and or volunteers.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all .
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
- Using the existing balanced score card and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to possibly grow with our organization and further develop proven programs. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Founding President and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least 1 year of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for XYZ Nonprofit's mission
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hours a week
- Must be committed to multi-faith dialogue and multicultural frameworks