We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
1 person is interested
Hospice Companion Volunteers needed in Douglas County
ORGANIZATION: Bristol Hospice - Atlanta
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program. Every hospice relies on volunteers to provide an array of support services to patients and their families. We go where our patients are (Homes, Facilities, ALF's and Nursing Homes).
*No Medical history needed, just a compassionate heart. VOLUNTEERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO BE VACCINATED and BOOSTED **
** ** TO FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION GO TO: WWW.BRISTOLHOSPICE-VOLUNTEER.COM
Volunteers are an important part of the team and provide a valuable service to our patients. Our goal is to give our patients the opportunity to live, until they die; and as a volunteer, you provide a vital role in giving our patients permission to live. To ensure all of our volunteers are equipped for the challenge of working with the terminally ill, we require all volunteers to:
- Fill out and provide all required documentation
- Pass a background check - we pay
- Pass a drug test - we pay
- Pass a TB test - we pay
- vaccination - COVID-19 (free most anywhere)
- Provide valid ID and Auto Insurance
- Attend and complete mandatory orientation and training
- Accepting 18 and older Volunteers.
There are many different ways that you can make a difference in the life of others as a hospice volunteer:
- Direct Patient Companionship
- Indirect Support
As the Volunteer Coordinator for Bristol Hospice, it is my mission to provide our patients with a lasting legacy. As a Volunteer you can give our patients that chance to live by:
- Support for the patient, listening walking, holding a hand, letter writing, reading taking pictures, encouraging a life review, pet therapy, music therapy, light housekeeping, and assisting the family or caregiver if requested.
- Administrative work in our office, answering phones, filing, preparing mailings, making patient admission packets, and helping with Bereavement phone calls and letters.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for please contact me and let's talk!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Bristol Hospice - Atlanta
2849 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 380, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
Bristol Hospice is graciously committed to our mission that all patients and families entrusted to our care will be treated with the highest level of compassion, respect, and quality of care.
Bristol Hospice provides hospice services to meet the physical, psycho-social, and spiritual needs of individuals at the end of life in the greater Atlanta, Cobb, Gwinnett, West GA area. . We focus on an individualized plan of care which may include, as appropriate, the following services: nursing, physicians, hospice aides, spiritual support, therapy, dietary, counseling, volunteers, durable medical equipment, supplies, bereavement services and medications related to the terminal illness.
2849 Paces Ferry Road SESuite 380Atlanta, GA 30339
May 9, 2022
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule. We can use you weekends, mornings, weekdays and evenings
- .Time, commitment, and a BIG HEART are necessary. Must pass a background check, drug test, and TB test, Relais online Modules for training mandatory.