Toucan Rescue Ranch Volunteer
All volunteers start the day chopping fruit and vegetables for the day’s feedings. Depending on the number of people and their chopping skills, this can take a few hours. When the day’s food is ready, volunteers move on to other activities. Other activities vary depending on the current needs of the Ranch.
- Prepare diets for all animals on the property
- Deliver diets to the wildlife
- Clean enclosures
- Enclosure enrichment
- Clean guesthouse
- Help with yard maintenance
- Office work for administrators
- Fill out a project form and start your own project once approved
Depending on the volunteer’s background and personality, they may be asked if they would like to help with other tasks. All volunteers are observed on how well they handle themselves around wildlife to determine further responsibility.
Learn more at: www.toucanrescueranch.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Toucan Rescue RanchSan Isidro, Heredia Costa Rica
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Spanish, moderate fitness, attention to detail