The Toucan Rescue Ranch is looking for an intern to work with Ranch staff and other volunteers to complete the daily feeding and care of the over 170 animals living at the Ranch. This intern has primary responsibility for ensuring animals are fed and enclosures are clean. Working closely with the kitchen supervisor, who is responsible for food preparation, this intern participates in the feeding and cleaning, and provides direction to volunteers helping with these activities.
You will be working alongside volunteers and TRR’s small staff. You will be asked to do various activities and have several responsibilities.
- Feed long-term resident animals including raptors
- Clean enclosures
- Identify and communicate enclosure repairs needed including replacing perches
- Train new volunteers
- Help with food preparation
- Help with general maintenance
- Help with enrichment for the animals
- Help with monitoring animals being evaluated for release
Learn more at: www.toucanrescueranch.org
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- health insurance, basic Spanish, moderate fitness, experience with animals, etc.