National Kidney Foundation Media Committee Volunteers
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1970 Oakcrest AvenueSuite 208Saint Paul, MN 55113
The National Kidney Foundation serving Minnesota seeks a media volunteer to assist with public relations, communications and marketing for local special events and other community-based awareness campaigns. While most of the work will be done from home, we are looking for someone located in Minnesota to represent our local population.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires approximately 6-8 hours of volunteer activity per month to help send out press releases or media advisories to local reporters and conduct pre and post event phone calls to news outlets. Media Volunteers will be provided with a list of reporters to contact along with all contact information.
- Media Volunteers are also provided with all the materials including template press releases, talking points and media advisories.
- Media Volunteers will participate in monthly conference calls with the National Office Marketing and Communications department to learn about the specific initiatives, share success stories, and receive help and guidance with publicizing the local initiatives.
- College students or adults with background or interest in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
CONTACT: Carly Bjorgan, 651-636-7300 x422, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hrs per month