Dog Foster Volunteer
30 people are interested
Welcome a dog in need of a permanent home to spend some time on your couch by becoming a dog foster! Pet Haven makes every effort to assign foster animals that match your lifestyle and home situation. Dog fosters spend quality time with their foster dog to ensure that the best match is made with potential adopters.Responsibilities
- Care for a foster dog in your home in a manner prescribed by Pet Haven policy and procedures
- Provide veterinary care for your foster dog (Pet Haven pays for all vet expenses)
- Provide food, water, in-home shelter, exercise, affection, and a generally safe, stable, loving environment for the foster dog until adoption
- Evaluate the behavior and needs of the foster dog and consult with the assigned Foster Mentor
regarding questions and concerns
- Make Foster Coordinator aware of lifestyle and home situation so an appropriate foster dog may be chosen
- When available, bring the foster dog to adoption events
- Communicate with prospective adopters about your foster dog at adoption events and via email/phone.
- Schedule meet and greets and home visits with prospective adopters
- Attend training sessions when available
- Access to transportation that will accommodate foster pet is preferred but other arrangements can be made with approval of Foster Coordinator
- Pet Haven makes every effort to accommodate lifestyle and home situation, but every foster volunteer will require patience and understanding as each foster dog will experience adjustment issues for a period of time.
- Some foster pets may need remedial training and/or socialization
To apply to foster a dog, please fill out Pet Haven's foster application:https://pethavenmn.org/foster/foster-application/
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities areaMinneapolis/St Paul & surrounding area, MN 55419
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18