Do you love cats? Help Pet Haven's foster cats find their fur-ever home by fostering!
A Foster Volunteer cares for foster animals in their home and matches cats with their forever homes. Pet Haven makes every effort to assign foster animals that match the volunteer's lifestyle and home situation. Pet Haven provides all supplies, training, and vet care. You provide the love and affection.
- Care for a foster cat in your home
- Provide vet care for your foster cat (Pet Haven pays for all vet care)
- Provide food, water, in-home shelter, play time, affection, and a generally safe, stable, loving environment for the foster cat
- Evaluate the behavior and needs of the foster cat and communicate with the Cat Division group
- When available, attend adoption events
- Work with potential fosters (via email and phone) and arrange meet and greets for your foster cat
- Attend any training sessions required for foster volunteer orientation and ongoing education
- Daily time commitment for care of animal
- 2 - 4 hours a month for meet and greets and time to respond to inquiries from prospective adopters by email and/or phone
- A minimum commitment of 6 months is requested.
Training & Supervision
- Initial orientation and training provided before the first foster pet is placed with the foster home
- Reward of knowing that you are helping felines find their fur-ever homes!
Please fill out a foster application and our Cat Foster Coordinator will contact you: https://pethavenmn.org/foster/foster-application/
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Dog Foster Volunteer
- Cat Foster Volunteer
- Street Fleet Volunteers
- Animal Supplies Team Volunteer
- Cat and Dog Meet and Greet Hosts
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Welcome Volunteers: Cat Division
- Temporary Dog or Cat Foster
- Special Event Volunteers
- Cat Intake Coordinator
- Training and Behavior...
- Welcome Volunteers: Dog Division
- Transportation Volunteer
- Merchandise Volunteer