Position Description: Volunteer Office Administrator
ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSE: The ALS Association (ALSA) is the only national not-for-profit voluntary health organization, dedicated solely to the fight against ALS through research, patient support, information dissemination and public awareness.
The mission of The ALS Association, Greater Sacramento Chapter is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
The Sacramento Chapter serves 300 patients living with ALS annually, their families, caregivers and health care professionals.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time (up to 8 hours per week): The Chapter Volunteer Office Administrator is responsible for assisting the Chapter Staff in all aspects of Chapter administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Below is a general description of the expected duties and responsibilities of this position. The duties and responsibilities described below are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the volunteer as needed.
A. General Office/Reception:
- Answer and direct all incoming calls
- Greet patients and guests visiting the Chapter
- Data Entry
- Special mailings
- Record and enter into database
- Send thank you letters and donor acknowledgements
- Provide support as needed for fundraising events
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and eager to help patients, caregivers, staff and volunteers
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment