Role Type: Volunteer/Intern
Duration of Role: January - May
Time Commitment: 2-4 days per week (3:00pm - 5:45pm) for the Spring 2018 semester
As a Club Latinitas Volunteer, you will work directly with participating girls at Austin Elementary and Middle Schools to provide an enriching media and tech experience. Girls in Club Latinitas learn a variety of skills such as blogging, creative writing, filmmaking, basic coding and web design, 3D printing, virtual reality and more. Clubs meet on a weekly basis for the fall and spring semesters, therefore, it is important for our volunteers to commit to the duration of the program.
We are seeking volunteers interested in technology, media, education, and youth empowerment that will assist our Program Leaders in facilitating lessons and managing groups of 5 - 15 girls.
- Assist Club Leaders with team-building and confidence-boosting activities
- Guide participants through media and tech activities such as filmmaking, graphic design, blogging, and more
- Assist Club Leaders with recruitment and club management
- Mentor girls, encourage a positive team environment, and serve as a role model
- Document Club Latinitas by taking photos and videos of girls working in teams
- Attend and support the Latinitas spring conference, Game Chica
- Participate in bi weekly check-ins with Volunteer Coordinator
Bilingual students are encouraged to apply. Must have 2-4 afternoons available each week.
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 days per week (3:00pm - 5:45pm) for the Spring