North Shore Exchange is a nonprofit upscale luxury resale boutique and online store offering its shoppers, consignors and donors an unbeatable "win-win": fabulous upscale and luxury designer finds for incredible prices, and the knowledge that every single item sold is making a difference in the life of someone in need. North Shore Exchange donates 100% of its profits to Chicagoland charities serving children and families. Since 2013, North Shore Exchange has given a cumulative $1,000,000 in charitable giving to deserving Chicago-area causes serving children and families.
In October we opened our second location in the city of Chicago. Our expansion allows us to have an even greater impact on the worthy charities we support. Please help us to continue providing funds to support children and families in the Chicago area.
Sales Associate: Work a few hours or a full day as many days a week that you're able to give. Duties include organizing merchandise, providing personalized customer service, following up on donations and consignments, and checking in and tagging merchandise.
Merchandise Intake/Data Entry: Review incoming merchandise and enter information into our database.
Procurement: Secure designer fashion and upscale home decor for donation or consignment, or refer clients who have these items. Set up in-home appointments to review and pick up merchandise from clients.
- Volunteer shifts are available from 10:00am-1:00pm; 1:00-4:00pm; and 4:00-7:00 Monday-Saturday and 12:00-3:00pm and 3:00-6:00pm on Sundays.
- Most volunteers work at least one shift per week.
- Scheduling is flexible, but we ask for a commitment of at least 16 hours/month.
- Minimum age: 16 or older (all Juniors/Seniors in High School fulfilling academic-related service hours are welcome to apply).
- Reliability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience and/or volunteer work desirable but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in and enthusiasm about volunteering and supporting our mission.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Minimum 12 hours/month