Purpose of Position:
Our Cats at Work (CAW) program is a "green" humane solution that removes sterilized and vaccinated feral cats from life-threatening situations and relocates them to new territories such as backyards, barns, condo buildings and warehouses where their presence will help control the rodent population.
CAW Placement Specialists will assist staff in multiple aspects of the placement process such as fielding initial inquiries, facilitating cat acclimation and performing placement follow-up. With volunteer support we will be able to complete more placements in this extremely popular program and increase our capacity to relocate feral cats to locations where they are safe and cared for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site visits to check on newly placed cats during acclimation period
- Pick up crates after placement is complete
- Perform follow-up phone calls and emails to placements
- Respond to phone and email inquiries
- Other duties as requested
- Possess understanding and enthusiasm for CAW program
- Willing and able to volunteer on a flexible schedule
- Possess range of motion and energy to complete tasks such as bending, kneeling, lifting and loading items up to 40 lbs. into a vehicle safely
- Have driver’s license and reliable access to personal vehicle
Training Volunteer Will Receive:
- Overview of CAW program
- Training on resources available to clients
How to Apply:
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@TreeHouseAnimals.org.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule, 3-5 hours weekly
- Reliable access to personal vehicle, able to lift/carry/load up to 40 lbs.