Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program of services for older adults. Providence ElderPlace helps older adults remain as healthy and independent as possible in the community for as long as possible.
Internal Specialist Appointment Escort: The escort for internal specialist appointments volunteer will assist staff escorting participants to internal specialist appointments as needed. Duties include transporting, by pushing a wheelchair or walking alongside a participant from the multi-purpose room, or elsewhere to the clinic for the appointment and returning with the participant to the multi- purpose room or elsewhere in the facility as directed by staff. There is an opportunity to sit and wait with participants for their appointment or while their eyes are dilating.
The general hours and days of this opportunity are 10 am to 12 noon, and/or 12:30pm to 2 pm, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays and will take place at the Providence ElderPlace MLK site.
- Ability to engage with many types of people
- Attentive to details, follows safety protocols exactly
- Must be comfortable walking and able to push a wheelchair
- 18+ years of age
A general volunteer orientation of 2 hours is required for all volunteer opportunities
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week, Monday, Thursday, Friday
- Attentive to details, follows safety protocols exactly Must be comfortable walking and able to push