We are looking for a Development Intern for a 4-6 month internship starting immediately. Hours are Monday to Saturday/5-10 hours a week. MUST LIVE LOCALLY.
The Development Intern will work closely with the Development Coordinator of the Georgia Chapter to support 2018 campaigns and initiatives. This person will assist with a wide range of fundraising and development projects, gaining substantial hands-on experience and specific training in event planning, donor relations, relationship building, grant research, rapid-response actions, and specific fundraising software.
Interns' responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Assisting with the design, copy writing, and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence
- Assist in planning donor events and other activities.
- Maintain donor files and other development materials.
- Attend committee meetings and events
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Passionate about environmental issues and the nonprofit sector
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy
- Skill in coordinating and completing special projects and routine tasks
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and research abilities
- Ability to work independently and with others-especially volunteers and donors
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 - 10 hours per week, 4-6 month committment