Community Engagement Associate
4 people are interested
Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. Contribute to your community while using your professional expertise, and work with talented peers in a rewarding, non-profit environment! The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is making a difference in the rare disease community. Rare Genomics is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of special medical testing fundraise for and manage their genome sequencing process.
The volunteer Community Engagement Associate (CEA) plays an essential role in building Rare Genomics Institute’s online health platform. The CEA is responsible for strategically assessing situations and developing and implementing procedures to enhance the day-to-day community engagement of the online platform. This volunteer position will be suitable for the aspiring candidates aiming to foster real-world skills in strategic planning, team building and training, and business development which are necessary for manager- and director-level community engagement professionals. The ideal candidate will have experience engaging others through a variety of social media platforms, managing e-mail databases and customer services. The CEA will work closely with the teams in platform management, strategic alliance, and marketing within Rare Genomics Institute to build online communities empowering rare disease patients and their families.
- Monitor the day-to-day activity on the online health platform and establish a process for engaging with our audience in a timely and consistent manner.
- Work with scientific writers to development plans of generating content.
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer engagement specialists.
- Hold weekly meeting with engagement specialists and guide them through their work.
- Measure, track, analyze, and report on the platform activities.
- Work with the platform management team to review and respond to platform performance metrics with recommendations for improving content, design or effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
- Reach out to existing patient communities and invite them to join our platform.
- Work with the strategic alliance team to develop relationship with industrial partners.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- 1-2 years of community engagement experience.
- Track record of producing successful results in improving engagement and customer service experiences.
- Familiarity with, and a passion for, empowering patients.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of online platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Experience in multiple types of social media, online forums, and mobile apps are highly desired.
- Excellent problem solving and self-management skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- 5-10 hours of work per week required.
- BA/BS in Communications or a related field or related experience.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Technical Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Customer Acquisition
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Customer Service
- Few hours per week