Description The American Cancer Society is currently recruiting volunteers for our Walk & Roll Street Team! These volunteer can work independently or in groups to spread awareness about our Walk & Roll event, which takes place on April 21, 2018 at Soldier Field. Street Team members will help hang flyers around Chicago and local suburban neighborhoods. They will also help to pitch our new "Roll Away Cancer" program to local athletic stores (running stores, bike shops, athletic gear, etc.) This is a free or low-cost sponsorship level, where stores agree to hand out or hang Walk & Roll flyers to marketing exposure. For the most part, volunteers will be able to work on their own schedules.
Impact Walk & Roll is the longest- running cancer fundraiser in the state of IL. Participants can choose between a 5k walk/run, 10k skate, or 15k bike followed by family-friendly activites in the park. This event honors our cancer survivors and caregivers. As a street team volunteers you are helping to raise the funds and awareness needed to help those affected by cancer in our local community. The money raised from this event provides wigs, rides to and from treatment, free or reduced lodging, funds life-saving research and more.
Website www.walkrollchicago.org & https://www.cancer.org/
Time Volunteers can particpate on their own schedule from January - April 2018.
Location Varies. Any Chicago neighborhood, or suburb. We will have a google doc list where Street Team members can see what stores/neighborhoods have already been visited.
Volunteer Activity Type Hanging flyers and spreading awareness about Walk & Roll in the local community.
Issue Areas Health & Wellness
Populations Served People with health-based concerns
Minimum Age 21
- Individuals (volunteers who come on their own)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
- Older Volunteers (volunteers aged 55 and older)
- Groups (volunteers who come in a group)
Partner Information The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
Requirements volunteers must complete to serve
- Phone call or in person meeting to discuss this opportunity to see if there is a good fit between ACS and the volunteer.
Contact for more information or to serve
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteers can particpate on their own schedule fr
- Phone call or in person meeting to discuss this opportunity to see if there is a good fit between AC