The Binaytara Foundation, an international cancer health nonprofit, is seeking a driven and enthusiastic intern ready to help the organization execute its fundraising and marketing strategies. This is an unpaid position requiring at least 15 to 20 hours per week with an opportunity for the right candidate to receive a stipend or paid part-time position. Major responsibilities will include assisting the development director in developing and launching new monthly and annual fundraising events, and assisting in the development of new donor acquisition and retention programs. This person is a motivated self-starter who can pitch new ideas while meeting aggressive deadlines.
The most important qualification is that the candidate is passionate for the causes and mission of the Binaytara Foundation. In addition, the position requires:
Education - The ideal candidate has either obtained or is working toward a degree in business, marketing, nonprofit administration, business administration or related degree.
Skills - Excellent communication skills. Excellent writing skills. Good command of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, WordPress and email marketing platforms. Strong knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist in drafting proposals
- Research grants, sponsors and donors
- Assist in executing monthly fundraising campaigns
- Develop donor cultivation letters, thank you letters and other external documents
- Provide mailing support
- Manage databases
- Assist with donor relations via email and phone
- Assist development staff with clerical tasks
- Assist in recruitment of volunteers
- Communicate with volunteers about projects
- Assist in designing marketing materials such as flyers, social media images, pamphlets
- Assist in developing marketing campaigns for events
- Provide support for social media efforts
- Assist development director with strategic planning for branding and marketing
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Start and end dates depend on availability of the candidate.
- Resource Development / Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Graphic Design / Print
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours minimum
- Working to achieve or obtained a degree in business or related field.