Social Services Department Volunteer
31 people are interested
Our Social Services (S.S,) Department offers resources and services which support the empowerment and self-sufficiently of the guests we serve. We are seeking volunteers with an outgoing, positive and professional personality who are passionate about social work and working with a diverse population. Volunteers will be working in our front office directly with the guests we serve, staff and other volunteers.
Our S.S. department is a fast-paced and demanding work environment. We are seeking volunteers with the skills and ability to perform the tasks below:
- Ability to learn to identify mental health, substance abuse and domestic violence characteristics at check-in
- Ability to react and respond appropriately with a calm demeanor in challenging situations: crisis, medical issues, etc. (Abiding safety protocols and codes)
- Ability to build trust and professional relationships among our guests
- Ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Awareness and understanding of the diverse population with a wide range of personalities and culture we serve
- Properly intake and assist guests with their needs
- Schedule appointments for guests with case workers within Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Strong communication skills in person and over the phone (multi-line phone system)
- Alphabetizing, filing, retrieving guests’ mail and charts, make copies, fax
- Provide information on campus services and directions
A screening process is required. If you are interested in volunteering in this department, please contact Georgie Nguyen at (209) 467-0703 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
NOTICE This volunteer opportunity is not guaranteed. We will be selecting the most suitable volunteers for our Social Services Department.
Requirement: Weekly volunteer time commitment.
- Monday - Fridays Afternoon 1pm - 4pm
We'll work with your schedule.
545 W. Sonora StreetStockton, CA 95203
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift per week.