Description We are currently recruiting for our committee, known as the Event Leadership Team. Collectively, this exclusive group will work together with ACS staff and leverage its influence to increase partnerships and create opportunities for Walk & Roll Chicago around sponsorship, marketing, entertainment, revenue growth, and most importantly; the mission of the American Cancer Society. We meet once per month until the event on April 21, 2018. Please reach out if you are interested in learning more!
Impact Walk & Roll is the longest- running cancer fundraiser in the state of IL. Participants can choose between a 5k walk/run, 10k skate, or 15k bike followed by family-friendly activites in the park. This event honors our cancer survivors and caregivers. As an ELT member you will help raise the funds needed to help those affected by cancer in our local community. The money raised from this event provides wigs, rides to and from treatment, free or reduced lodging, funds life-saving research and more.
Website www.walkrollchicago.org & https://www.cancer.org/
Time ELT meetings are once per month and typically 1-1.5 hours after work hours. All other time commitement is to the members discretion.
Location American cancer Society Office (225 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago IL 60601) for meetings. The Walk & Roll event is on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at Soldier Field.
Volunteer Activity Type
- Strategy & discussion
- Event planning
- Sponsorship outreach
- Team and participant recruitment
Issue Areas Health & Wellness
Populations Served People with health-based concerns
Minimum Age 21
- Individuals (volunteers who come on their own)
- New Volunteers (people who have never volunteered before)
- Committed Volunteers (people who can come on a regular basis)
- Skilled Volunteers (pro bono work, volunteers with a specific skill set, etc.)
Partner Information The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
Requirements volunteers must complete to serve
- Training meeting < 2 hours
- Phone call or in person meeting to discuss this opportunity to see if there is a good fit between ACS and the volunteer.
Contact for more information or to serve
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per month on average