194 people are interested
Medical Volunteers Needed for Care For Friends Clinic
194 people are interested
We have modified the format of the clinic to match Covid19 safety guidelines.
*Healthcare clinic volunteers must show proof of Covid19 vaccination*
The Care for Friends Healthcare clinic is offered on the 3rd Saturday of every month. The initiative focuses on improving the education about, and access to, healthcare resources for our guests. Guests are encouraged to seek guidance on their health issues, however no care is administered on-site (we are fortunate enough to have local clinics and hospitals that act as "Medical Homes" for our guests, and direct anyone needing greater care to those sites).
Currently, we are looking for volunteers to help with the following:
- Educating guests on the importance and usage of PPE
- Explaining the symptoms and impact of the virus (i.e. "what to look for", "how to keep yourself safe", etc.)
- Possibly assisting with set-up of resource table
- Verbally directing guests towards our resource partners
- Disseminating information via presentations and handouts
We provide blood pressure and glucose screenings in addition to providing educational instruction on common healthcare issues.
This is a great opportunity not only for those in the healthcare field, but anyone wiling to help a very vulnerable population. Whether you have experience working in the healthcare industry, or are just keen to volunteer, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking to fill 2-3 clinical volunteer roles to assist our lead clinician:
- *Background or pursuance of a career in medicine, healthcare, social services, etc. required*
- Assisting with blood pressure and glucose screening
- Providing educational instruction to our guests on common healthcare issues
- Bilingual preferred, though not required
We are also looking for a non-clinical volunteer to assist in the following:
- General med clinic operations, including notifying Volunteer Coordinator of low inventory
- Maintenance of key printed materials (such as providing feedback, updating content, or creative input)
- Assisting identifying areas of improvement in med clinic initiative
Please contact Paulina Guerra at email@example.com! Thank you!
About Care For Friends
530 W FULLERTON PKWY, CHICAGO, IL 60614, US
Care for Friends provides easy access to community, food and overall wellness for Chicago’s most vulnerable and under-served people, in an atmosphere of dignity and respect. Through its programs, Care for Friends successfully connects people with community resources to enable them to achieve a better quality of life.
Our flagship program is "Food for Friends" - where we create a safe space for anyone requiring a meal to gather in community for a no-cost hot lunch served in sit-down, family style with dignity and respect.
Other services are available during this gathering time, including haircuts, a health clinic, clothes closet, and toiletries distribution. Additionally, representatives from our various partner organizations begin to make connections with our guests - establishing trusting relationships that will ultimately allow our guests to connect with the services they need to achieve a better quality of life.
For more information, visit our web site at; www.CareForFriends.org
530 W Fullerton ParkwayChicago, IL 60614
August 24, 2021
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask you to volunteer from 8:30am-1pm on either drop-in or consistent basis.
- Great for fulfilling service requirements!