Committee Chair Job Description
- Sets the tone for the Committee work.
- Ensures that members have the information needed to do their jobs.
- Oversees the logistics of Committee’s operations.
- Reports to the Board’s Chair.
- Reports to the full Board on Committee’s decisions and recommendations.
- Works closely with the Director and other staff as agreed by the Director.
- Assigns work to the Committee Members, sets the agenda and governs the meetings, and ensures distribution of meeting minutes.
- Initiates and conducts the Committee’s annual evaluation.
Board Member Job Description
This description applies to all Board Members, including Officers and Committee Chairs
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Commits to participating actively in Family Promise Committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and promptly.
- Stays informed about Committee matters, is well prepared for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Becomes acquainted with other Committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the Committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization, including a personal contribution to the Affiliate.
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18