Accepting applications through 8 - 20 Jan Approximate start date: January 24, 2018Our organization welcomes immigrants and refugees through mutually beneficial mentoring, cross-cultural learning, naturalization preparation and English language development, and personal, work/professional and family skill development, enriching community through friendship and trust .
The Volunteer Volunteer Administrator ("VVAhhhh") will manage all administrative functions for volunteer, mentor/coaches and interns Intake, Placement and Followup. Will support 2 annual Volunteer Orientations, including outreach, registration and tracking and instructional assistant.
* Ability to skillfully and securely manage data using spreadsheets, database and word processors.
* Responsive, friendly and effective support to potential new program volunteers, and compassionate, effective communication with all program participants.
* Able to communicate well via telephone, text and email.
* Bi-lingual a plus
* Social media saavy a plus
Expected hours: 6-8 hours a week for the first quarter (Feb, Mar, April)
Compensation: This is a volunteer position with opportunities to grow. We hope to fund a ½ time position within 18 months.
Interested parties should email a letter of interest with relevant skills and experience to JanellPDX@gmail.com Subject Line: Why me?
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 6-8 hours a week for the 1st 3 months, less after