Social Media Manager
4 people are interested
Who we are
At 5Kilobytes, we’re on a mission to help children establish a balance between healthy lifestyle foundations and logical thinking patterns - Sports and Health meets STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We’re committed to offering camps and programs that connect engineering and technological projects to real world activities. Parents don't have to choose between STEM and sports/adventure camp - at 5Kilobytes, your child experiences both in an interconnected, practically applicable experience.
Who we are looking for
A Social Media Manager who wants to be the "face" of 5KB’s growing Team!
At 5Kilobytes, we are looking for the right person to help us lead the strategic vision to all aspects of the publishing of various materials of the Company. Think you might have what it takes? Keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
- Project Ownership You will lead the establishment and operations of everything related to publishing at 5Kilobytes. As our resident Subject Matter Expert, you will be able to shape and lead us in our growth in a very big way.
- Cross-functional Exposure You will work closely with all members of the Executive Team, allowing you a 360 end-to-end view of the organization.
- Professional Development This is your opportunity to build the Social Media Team and Department from scratch, playing a key leadership role, and make a difference by helping us refine our strategy as we continue to grow.
Where are you right now- and what will your future look like at 5Kilobytes?
You are a successful publishing executive, but you want to work for a company that is solving real-world problems - one that gives back to the community and supports the leaders of tomorrow. You are looking for a small but growing company that will afford you the opportunity to gain significant experience as you progress through your career.
What you will do:
- Lead, and be responsible for, the Social Media Strategic Roadmap (Quarterly, 1 Year, 3 Year, 10 Year).
- Team management, including performance management, participate in recruitment where necessary, etc.
- Oversee and support, all the day-to-day operations of all 5KB publications, ensure each is released on time.
- Review all articles and photographs for accuracy as well as potential libel, slander, or infringement, and provides suggestions, if needed, about any changes to make before the publication is released; review and approve layouts.
- Liaise with staff and leadership to discuss issues, plans, and other business relating to the publication; generate ideas for new ways of doing things, such as using new technology, implementing ways to increase readership, and how to utilize new media.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications Team concerning the use of social media, etc.
- Ensure communication material is thorough, accurate, complete and error-free; and that all creative work meets the Company’s corporate brand standards.
- Interface with all internal stakeholders to solicit feedback and approvals on creative pieces and ensure that feedback is incorporated and creative pieces are error-free.
- Support internal initiatives that build employee excitement around the Company’s brand, core businesses, corporate changes and initiatives, launches; and build a reputation as a leader in the field.
- Liaise with Partners to ensure sharing of corporate news across all channels.
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Education - You possess a related post-secondary diploma.
- Experience - You bring a minimum of 3 years of corporate social media experience, including:
- previous experience in a similar role in another company
- a strong understanding of publishing best practices
- Communication Skills - You are an expert communicator, with advanced verbal and written English communication skills. You are the perfect person to break down complex publishing strategies and concepts into an easy-to-understand format for consumption organization-wide; and have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Technical Skills - Technology is your secret weapon and how you get things done. You have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite of applications, and expert-level proficiency within various accounting software packages and spreadsheets.
- Motivation and Drive - You set your mind to something and you let nothing get in your way of achieving it. You are a self-starter with a high degree of initiative that allows you to create efficiencies in your own work processes, as well as those of your team members.
- Consultative You have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence others in a virtual capacity, solving problems and improving efficiencies in a creative manner. Out-of-the-box thinking is your specialty.
You have outstanding presentation skills. Your consultative approach in meetings gains the trust of those listening to you.
- Passion - You are genuinely interested in the objectives of the organization, new ideas and new technology. You want to change an industry, one person at a time.
Think this opportunity is meant for you, but worried you don’t have it all? At 5Kilobytes, we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest by applying with your resume to:
To learn more about who we are, what we do and our team, follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter .
5Kilobytes welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Microsoft Office Suite