15 people are interested
15 people are interested
Permian Basin Adult Literacy Center is seeking local professionals to serve on our Board of Directors.
Are you interested in developing your leadership, growing your networking skills and contacts, adding to your personal and professional development, and becoming a service-minded advocate? Then we want you to join our board, and help us grow our mission: to develop the literacy skills of adults so they can achieve their goals, improve their lives, and impact our community.
- building connections and developing the organization at monthly board meetings
- joining the staff in volunteering at annual fundraising events
- contributing your ideas and expertise towards accomplishing common goals
- learning and growing your skillset with board member training
- developing relationships within the community who are like-minded
- networking and utilizing social media to build organizational and issue awareness
- becoming an advocate for improving adult literacy in our area
- giving back to the community alongside fellow leaders
- making a difference in the lives of adults and future generations
Together, we can equip adults to improve their lives, change their families' futures, and better our community for generations to come.
About Permian Basin Adult Literacy Center
1709 W. Wall Street, Midland, TX 79701, US
Permian Basin Adult Literacy Center develops the literacy skills of adults so they can achieve their goals, improve their lives, and impact our community.
Permian Basin Adult Literacy Center, Inc. (PBALC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The PBALC Adult Literacy Program is helping adults improve their own skills so that they may also have a positive and lifelong impact on the educational achievements of future generations. To address these needs, we provide three primary services, including: English Language Learning (ELL); Adult Education and Literacy (AEL - reading, writing, math, computers); and Digital Literacy (DL). We assign literacy skill levels through program enrollment, goal setting, and testing, which enables us to provide materials and tutoring specific to each student. The PBALC staff maintains continuous contact with all students and provides support through progress checks, resources, and encouragement.
1709 W. Wall StreetMidland, TX 79701
November 9, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Community Outreach
- Adult Education
- Orientation or Training
- 3 year term, optional 2nd consecutive term