Purpose: Education Through Music-Los Angeles (ETM-LA) is seeking a volunteer with a communications background to assist in our communications department.
Education Through Music-Los Angeles (ETM-LA) partners with inner-city schools to provide music as a core subject for all children. We utilize music education as a catalyst to improve academic achievement, motivation for school and self-confidence.
Location: ETM-LA’s Headquarters in Burbank (2501 W. Burbank Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505 #301) or working remotely is possible.
- Helping to research articles to post on our various social media platforms
- Helping to schedule social media postings
- Posting on social media at events
Reports to Volunteer Coordinator at Education Through Music-Los Angeles
The Length of Appointment: Ongoing basis
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours a week during our business ours (Mon-Fridays between 8am-3:30pm)
- A passion for music and music education.
- Background in communications and social media.
- Experience in website management is a plus.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
- Brand-Style Guide
- Examples of past work
- Project direction.
Age Requirement: None
Dress Code: Business Casual
Development opportunities: Can advance to become a program music teacher intern and/or teacher. This is also a perfect opportunity to gain experience in the classroom if you are interested in teaching yourself.
Benefits: Gain experience working within a non-profit structure
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2-4 hours a week