Yellowstone Forever is the official nonprofit partner of Yellowstone National Park. We partner with Yellowstone National Park to create opportunities for all people to experience, enhance, and preserve Yellowstone forever. Our combined operations include 11 educational Park Stores with gross sales of over $5.1 million; the Yellowstone Forever Institute, which offers more than 600 in-depth programs each year; a supporter program of over 50,000 Yellowstone enthusiasts raising funds to support critical park priority projects; and an online community of over 300,000 worldwide. Yellowstone Forever has provided over $100 million of cash support and over $55 million of in-kind support since 1933. Our mission of engagement and support through education and fundraising for the park will ensure Yellowstone remains for generations to come.
The Information Desk Volunteer works at Yellowstone Forever’s Airport store. The Information Desk Volunteer welcomes visitors and provides detailed information about the park, assists with trip planning, and promotes Yellowstone Forever supporter programs, and educational seminars. This position helps orient visitors to the park by operating our customized Google Earth display and updating a PowerPoint display. Information Desk Volunteers work side-by-side with paid Park Store Associates. Success in this position requires an excellent knowledge of Yellowstone National Park, a first-rate understanding of PCs (including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications), a familiarity with Google Earth and excellent customer service skills.
- Actively greet and engage all visitors
- Respond to questions about the park and offer guidance to visitors on a variety of topics, including:
- Park locations, directions, and activities
- Park information: where wildlife can be seen, natural history, geology, and history
- National Park Service Visitor Centers and activities
- Hotel concessionaire services and activities
- Local shopping and services
- Update and operate a customized Google Earth display by adding current wildlife and interpretive information
- Represent Yellowstone Forever and its mission accurately and positively
- Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment with YF employees, volunteers and partners
- Travel into Yellowstone, throughout the Greater Yellowstone area and other, as required
- Other tasks as assigned by the Information Desk Coordinator, or other designated leadership
- Detailed knowledge of Yellowstone National Park
- Friendly and out-going with experience working with the general public, and/or public speaking.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new systems, processes, and applications
- Self-motivated with a sound approach to problem solving and timely task completion
- Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule, which may include nights and weekends when needed
- Willingness to support the needs of Yellowstone Forever through multiple assigned tasks in a volunteer capacity
- Ability to represent YF in a courteous and professional manner
- A satisfactory criminal background check are conditions of volunteerism
- Prior knowledge of Yellowstone Forever
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- A knowledge of Google Earth navigation is highly preferred.
This is a volunteer position. Housing is not provided for this position. Volunteers will be provided a nominal fee of $15 per day to help offset out of pocket expenses. This may be taxable income; therefore, volunteers will receive a 1099 from Yellowstone Forever. Volunteers must provide their own health insurance for any health issues unrelated to the volunteer duties. Yellowstone Forever volunteers also receive a 30% discount on most Park Stores products and a free Yellowstone Forever Institute Field Seminar each year with over 10 days volunteering. Discounts on other courses and products are also offered. Benefits of this position include knowing that your efforts directly benefit Yellowstone National Park and having the opportunity to work in one of the world’s premiere wilderness areas.
Apply online for this position at https://www.yellowstone.org/jobs
Yellowstone Forever is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- To apply, please visit https://apply.coolworks.com/yf/job-list.asp