Tamarack is in need of a Legal Counsel to join our Board of Trustees. We are looking for a qualified person to oversee the legal aspects of our nonprofit. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the school strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
It is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who is passionate about Tamarack’s mission and about bringing expertise to our school to support Waldorf education in Milwaukee.
- Carries out responsibilities as a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
Duties as Legal Counsel
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to Board of Trustees and Tamarack Waldorf School in a variety of legal topics.
- Collaborating with Tamarack management to devise efficient defense strategies.
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure Tamarack’s full legal rights.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
The Legal Counsel must have a BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree. In addition to proven experience as a legal counsel in the business environment, full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a business, and demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies. Excellent knowledge and understanding of nonprofit law and procedures a plus. This position requires a high degree of professional ethics and integrity, as well as sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information.
Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms based on Board approval. Board meetings will be held the second Tuesday of every month.
Time Commitments and Expected Financial Obligations:
Duties of the Legal Specialist will require 8-12 hours per month.
The Legal Counsel, along with all Board members, will consider Tamarack Waldorf School a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, so that Tamarack can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals. Tamarack expects all Board members to raise and/or contribute a gift that is based on his/her financial means, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for specific projects and events.
Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; for questions, call (414) 277-0009.
We are pleased you are considering joining the Board of our dynamic organization.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours per month
- Please review the description.