Tamarack is in need of a Fund Development Expert to join our Board of Trustees. It is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who is passionate about Tamarack’s mission and about bringing fundraising expertise to our school to support Waldorf education in Milwaukee.
- Carries out responsibilities as a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
Duties as Fund Development Expert
- Supports the Fund Development Committee and Fund Development Specialist by advising in the design, implementation and management of all Tamarack fundraising activities including annual appeal, annual report, special projects and events, and other school related solicitations.
- Helps to manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation and relations.
- Supports the Fund Development Specialist in building a fundraising culture within the Board of Trustees, assisting the development of fundraising training for Board and other leadership volunteers.
- Assists the Board with recommending and researching potential new major donors.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
The Fund Development Expert must have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, fundraising or a related field, or have equivalent on-the-job training. This position requires skills in written and verbal communication.
Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms based on Board approval. Board meetings will be held the second Tuesday of every month.
Time Commitments and Expected Financial Obligations:
Duties of the Fund Development Expert will require 8-12 hours per month.
The Fund Development Expert, along with all Board members, will consider Tamarack Waldorf School a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, so that Tamarack can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals. Tamarack expects all Board members to raise and/or contribute a gift that is based on his/her financial means, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for specific projects and events.
Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; for questions, call (414) 277-0009.
We are pleased you are considering joining the Board of our dynamic organization.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours per month
- Please review the description.