Join Housing Works as a Thrift Shop Volunteer or Intern!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
38 people are interested
Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our non-profit organization.
By volunteering, you are directly responsible for providing funding to and advocating for New Yorkers affected by homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
We’re always on the lookout for dynamic and friendly people to help provide great customer service and an outstanding experience within our thrift shops. Each volunteer is trained to have the knowledge needed, and each person’s volunteer experience can be tailored to their personal skills and interests.
Do you have special skills or interests in any of the areas below? Let us know when you sign up!
- Customer Service
- Home Decor
- Fill out a volunteer application, which you can find here: https://www.housingworks.org/volunteer/thrift-shops
- Attend Info Session/Interview with Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Must be 16 and over to apply independently. People aged 14 and 15 must obtain working papers from their school and parent’s permission before attending a session.
- Complete in-store orientation and training after completing Info Session/Interview
- Strong interest in the HW mission to end the dual crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Self-starting, self motivating mindset
- Attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages
- Flexibility in schedule
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
We'll work with your schedule.
594 BroadwayNew YorkNew York, NY 10012
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months