Tamarack is in need of a Marketing Specialist to join our Board of Trustees. It is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who is passionate about Tamarack’s mission and about bringing expertise to our school to support Waldorf education in Milwaukee.
- Carries out responsibilities as a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
Duties as Marketing Specialist
- Conduct research to identify clients and sector opportunities.
- Provide guidance to staff, Board members and Marketing Committee, and assist with the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, advertising and media kits.
- Initiate media opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Work closely with the Web Manager to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Work with staff to coordinate events including Benefit Events, Marketing Events, Enrollment Events, etc.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
The Marketing Specialist must have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, marketing or a related field, or have equivalent on-the-job training. This position requires skills in written and verbal communication.
Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms based on Board approval. Board meetings will be held the second Tuesday of every month.
Time Commitments and Expected Financial Obligations:
Duties of the Marketing Specialist will require 8-12 hours per month.
The Marketing Specialist, along with all Board members, will consider Tamarack Waldorf School a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, so that Tamarack can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals. Tamarack expects all Board members to raise and/or contribute a gift that is based on his/her financial means, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for specific projects and events.
Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to email@example.com; for questions, call (414) 277-0009.
We are pleased you are considering joining the Board of our dynamic organization.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours per month
- Please review the description.