Tamarack is in need of a Financial/Accounting Specialist to join our Board of Trustees. It is a great opportunity for a qualified individual who is passionate about Tamarack’s mission and about bringing expertise to our school to support Waldorf education in Milwaukee.
- Carries out responsibilities as a member of the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
Duties as Financial/Accounting Specialist
- Support the Finance Manager and oversee the management of the financial affairs of Tamarack including preparing the annual budget, regularly monitoring revenues and expenses incurred against such budget, managing the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities, and ensuring that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Participate in the Finance Committee, maintain the budget that supports Tamarack’s goals, drive financial decision-making on behalf of the school, and develop long-term financial strategies.
- Regularly assess risks, and whether and how such risks should be mitigated.
- Review the annual audit and answer Board of Trustees questions about the audit.
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
The Financial/Accounting Specialist must have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or a related field, or have equivalent on-the-job training. This position requires skills in written and verbal communication. This position adheres to a strict policy of confidentiality for all matters in governance and finances.
Board members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms based on Board approval. Board meetings will be held the second Tuesday of every month.
Time Commitments and Expected Financial Obligations:
Duties of the Financial/Accounting Specialist will require 8-12 hours per month.
The Financial/Accounting Specialist, along with all Board members, will consider Tamarack Waldorf School a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority, so that Tamarack can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations and individuals. Tamarack expects all Board members to raise and/or contribute a gift that is based on his/her financial means, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for specific projects and events.
Board members serve on a volunteer basis and without remuneration.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to email@example.com; for questions, call (414) 277-0009.
We are pleased you are considering joining the Board of our dynamic organization.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours per month
- Please review the description.