Admin/Office volunteer (Birmingham, AL)
31 people are interested
Our volunteers are passionate, inspired and want to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's disease. Whether you can spare a few hours a month or can make a more significant time commitment, we would love to bring you on board.
The Office Volunteer would assist in providing the Alzheimer’s Association staff with administrative and clerical support in order to ensure and maintain an efficient office environment.
Potential Position Functions:
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists, and client information using online spreadsheets.
- Retrieve/research information when requested
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence
- Storage space organization
- Assist in outreach calls to recruit for our fundraising events, community activities & awareness
- Distribute brochures/literature to area doctors and medical facilities.
- Contact area services providers and assist in building our Community Resource Finder
- Develop/Maintain our media contact list
- Additional tasks as they arise.
About Alzheimer's Association-Alabama Chapter
2151 Highland Ave South, Suite 210, Birmingham, AL 35205, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's
Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We'll work with your schedule.
2151 Highland Ave SouthSuite 210Birmingham, AL 35205
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18