City Youth Now provides programs and services that promote stability, personal growth, and long-term success for youth in the San Francisco Foster Care and Juvenile Justice Systems.
We are currently searching for volunteer tutors who can work with youth at the Juvenile Justice Center to complete San Francisco City College coursework online.
Tutors will accompany youth as they complete general-education college-level coursework online. They will explain challenging concepts to the youth and help the youth find answers to their questions.
Details about your role
- Time commitment: 2-3 hours a week, Monday-Friday
- Duration: minimum 1 semester (Spring: January 16 - May 23); (Summer: June 12 - July 30); (Fall: August 21 - December 22)
- Location: Juvenile Justice Center, 375 Woodside Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127
- 1:1 typical student to teacher ratios (maximum 3:1)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Proficiency in the use of computers and the internet is required
- Background in education (teaching, tutoring, mentoring) highly preferred
- Experience working with adolescents and young adults a plus
- Familiarity with online courses appreciated
- Patience, enthusiasm, and compassion
For more volunteer opportunities at City Youth Now, please visit the following pages:
Volunteer at the City Youth Now Office: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp2827150.jsp
Volunteer Tutor for High School Students at Juvenile Hall: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp2827183.jsp
Volunteer Tutor for GED Students at Juvenile Hall: https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp2864388.jsp
How to Apply
For more information about this opportunity or to request an application, please email email@example.com.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week, minimum 1 semester
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.