Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Donations Procurement VISTA will:
- Implement and manage the in-kind donations process
- Keep an inventory of basic and reoccurring needs
- Establish an efficient system to track in-kind donations and distribute tax receipts
- Set up a systematic process to thank donors and to maintain contact and relations with donors
- Establish partnerships with businesses, organizations, groups, and individuals in the community to consistently meet program needs.
- Encourage commitment of repeat donations
- Maintain an updated campus-wide wish list of items and updated calendar of drives
- Organize and coordinate specialty programs and events such as holiday giving
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,277 over the course of one year, plus a $5,920 education award at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is not available, but some health coverage to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses is available to VISTA Members. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.Qualifications
The Donations Procurement VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills, with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Available to begin serving on March 12, 2018 for a one-year term to end March 2019.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Priscilla Howard, VISTA Leader, at email@example.com. Include the words "Donations Procurement VISTA" in the email subject line. This position must be filled by February 2, 2018. Priority will be given to applications completed by January 22, 2018.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time (40/week)