Reporting to the Youth Program Manager, the Mentorship Program VISTA will:
- Develop and formalize the Youth Mentoring Program, REACT, for Our Club youth
- Lead mentor recruitment by distributing and reviewing mentor applications, selecting mentors and creating mentor/youth matches
- Design and lead mentor orientation including a tour of Our House and introductions to the Our Club team, including youth participants.
- Design and lead on-going, regularly scheduled mentor trainings
- Send out monthly mentorship communication
- Develop a mentor training system
- Plan and execute on-campus events and activities that involve Our Club and the mentor program
- Integrate the two-generation approach into the mentor program
- Invite and encourage parents/guardians to attend all mentor program events
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,277 over the course of one year, plus a $5,920 education award at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is not available, but some health coverage to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses is available to VISTA Members. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.Qualifications
The Mentorship Program VISTA will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills with ability to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Available to begin serving on March 12, 2018 for a one-year term to end March 2019.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Priscilla Howard, VISTA Leader, at email@example.com. Include the words "Mentorship Program VISTA" in the email subject line. This position must be filled by February 2, 2018. Priority will be given to applications completed by January 22, 2018.Our House is a drug-free workplace.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time (40/week)