Join Our VISTA Team!
2 people are interested
Reporting to the Career Center Manager, the Career Center VISTA will:
- Build programming around the 4 pillars of the Career Center: Employment and Training, Health and Wellness, Education, and Financial Empowerment.
- Lead planning for Health and Wellness Day and Be Your Child’s Best Advocate series.
- Cultivate and sustain partners for each of the different programming pillars.
- Coordinate and support all volunteer recruitment and training for the Career Center.
- Serve as the main point of contact for volunteers involved in the Career Center.
- Coordinate across Our House programs what areas of need and opportunity are available.
- Ensure sustainability of programming through long-term planning, volunteer engagement, resource development, and client empowerment.
- Design educational materials (curriculums, flyers, etc.) for programming.
- Assist in the improvement of the data collection, data quality, and reporting.
This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $12,277 over the course of one year ($472.22 every two weeks). You also have the choice of one of two awards at the end of a successful year of service: a $1,800 cash stipend bonus or a $5,920 education award for future educational expenses or federal student loans. Health insurance is not available but required. Some additional health benefits are available to VISTA Members to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTA Members who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing, health insurance, and other living expenses.Qualifications
All year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must commit to serve full-time (40 hours) for a one-year term starting on August 21, 2018.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Priscilla Howard, VISTA Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words "Career Center VISTA" in the email subject line. This position must be filled by July 1, 2018.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
302 E Roosevelt RdLittle RockLittle Rock, AR 72206
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time (40/week)