Unlocking Futures aids to assist families who are raising children with an incarcerated parent. The organization is seeking volunteers who would be willing to become trained and certified in an evidenced based curriculum that is used in their Generational Leadership program. Volunteers would be working with youth between the ages of 11-17yrs old in an after school setting.
- The program is conducted twice a week for 8 weeks. Each session is 2hrs long
- All volunteers would need to become certified before working with youth and facilitating the material. The training is provided in house by Unlocking Futures and is FREE of charge to the volunteer.
- Upon successful training and certification the volunteer position would become a PAID opportunity.
- Volunteers can be trained as quickly as a week or over the course of 3 months depending on your availability for training. The organization is looking to get volunteers trained and certified as soon as possible due to school starting soon for students and the program having a tentative start date of October 2018.
- Volunteers must commit to the 8 weeks once in the schools and working with the children. Stability and routine are key when dealing with this population of children. It helps to foster a healthy atmosphere and induce learning when the students are able to establish a bond with the same facilitators over the course of the session.
- Child Development
- Program Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a week 2-3hrs per day. 4-6hrs per week