We are a nonprofit organization geared towards helping families who are raising children with an incarcerated parent. We have an evidenced based program component in which we work with children ages 9-17 years old as well as their parent (recently released) and/or caregiver.
- There are three modules to the program and each module is 5 weeks. However, we allow an additional three weeks in case we have weeks in which we are unable to get through all of the program material. So, we estimate the program to last 16-18 weeks.
- We are looking for a couple of volunteers who would be willing to volunteer 4-5 hours a week to help facilitate our program as we grow.
- We are currently working with youth after school in various schools around Columbus. We would like to have 2-3 facilitators per each cohort for each school.
- Facilitators would spend 2-3 hours a week preparing for the weekly session and then spend 1 1/2hrs with the students after school facilitating the program curriculum once a week.
- Volunteers will start off training with the CEO, but must be willing to become certified
- We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to commit to 16-18wks as it makes the program more effective when the children can build up a rapport with the same group of facilitators rather than cycling through facilitators during a session
- If you prefer to work with adults over children we also have an adult version of our program curriculum that we offer and we need facilitators for this program as well, which we are hoping to roll out between Feb and late spring. This program is 16-18 weeks as well
- Child Development
- Program Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a week 2-3hrs per day. 4-6hrs per week