Male Co-Facilitator for Father's Parent Support Group (MCI Norfolk)
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Parents Helping Parents: Empowering parents to nurture children and build stronger families
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (YOU!) to act as a group co-facilitator for a parent support group in the Worcester area. As a co-facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA
- Complete the Norfolk County Correctional Facilities application and orientation
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly on Mondays from 530-630pm
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Clark St.Norfolk, MA 02056
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Meet Tuesdays, 5:45-6:45pm