The Community Programming Coordinator assists in sourcing, selecting and scheduling speakers for the Society’s Community Programs. The Coordinator sources and secures the program venue and ensures that all necessary equipment (laptop, projector, audio system, etc.) is in working order for each event. This volunteer also collaborates with others to make sure the venues are set-up in advance and promptly dismantled at the close of the program. A complete Volunteer Job Description is available upon request.
- Helps to source out, select and schedule a variety of speakers who can present topics that support the Society’s mission.
- Sources and secures venues for the Society’s programs.
- Seeks assistance from other volunteers to accomplish assigned duties.
- Writes brief articles for the Society’s newsletter, membership and the Woodinville Weekly with information on each Community Program.
- Collects promotional materials from each program speaker (bios, photos, etc.). Ensure that the speaker’s visual aids (i.e.: PowerPoint presentation) are ready prior to the event, including PowerPoint presentation development assistance
- Ensures that all technical equipment such as a laptop, projector and audio system are in working order.
- Collaborates with other WHS volunteers and follows an Event Checklist to make sure the venue is set-up in advance and properly dismantled at the close of the program.
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours per month.
- Interested in researching possible community program topics and speakers.