This position is intended to assist the Collections Manager and Collections Assistant with the Museum and Archival Collections. Projects are flexible, but typically involve inventorying, photography, database management, object handling, and condition reporting.
- Inventorying collection items, and updating the collection database
- Completing basic registrar tasks for objects, including research, labeling, photography, handling, housing, condition reporting, and database updates
- Maintaining pre-established database standards
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Pursuing a degree in History, Public History, Museum Studies, or related field.
- Basic object handling skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Understanding and proficiency with a database software
- Able to prioritize tasks and goals
- Familiarity with basic photography skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Sensitivity to cultural and artistic diversity
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 months, may be extended
- Graduate student preferred
- Volunteer Coordination Intern
- Design Intern
- Atlanta History Center History...
- Outreach Programs Assistant
- Public Programs Intern
- Manuscript Archives Intern
- Collections/Registration Associate
- LGBT & Serial Inventorying
- Margaret Mitchell House Writing...
- Marketing and Communications...
- Visual Archives Intern