Global Language Network Leadership Fellow
6 people are interested
We have a dynamic internship and fellowship program and are now accepting applications for part-time interns (20 hours per week) and fellows (30-40 hours per week) to get involved in a number of exciting GLN endeavors. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain useful experience in a fun and diverse environment. Build skills while making a difference and supporting a great cause!
Qualified applicants should have:
- Desire to be part of something great
- Excellent computer skills
- Creative and independent-minded
- Diligent and organized
- Great communication skills
- Support online class registration related processes (such as maintaining class pages and calendars, processing student rosters, etc.)
- Process and maintain multiple databases (student, teacher, donor)
- Provide support to teacher recruitment, training, coordination
- Ongoing semester support (class logistics and reminders, attendance verification, surveys and class visits)
- Assist with GLN functions (workshops, info sessions, events)
- Assist with outreach to partner organizations and corporations
- Attend networking events on behalf of the GLN
- Ongoing tasks and basic customer service
- Respond to emails from students and teachers
- Work on one or more "Special Projects" (choose a project of your own, including language materials, outreach, website content, etc)
- Marketing including social media content creation, blogs and feed management
- Your tasks can be tailored to you as an individual based on availability and need
About The Global Language Network
1720 I St NW, 7th floor, Washington, DC 20006, US
The Global Language Network (GLN) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded by Andrew Brown in 2005 whose mission is to provide opportunities to learn any language at a minimal cost. We recruit and train native speakers who volunteer their time to teach their language and share their culture with the DC community. Our affordable classes in 62 different languages build learners' communicative competence and enable them to communicate with others in meaningful and culturally appropriate ways.
GLN makes language learning easy, enjoyable and effective: we create a comfortable environment where students have direct experiences with the target language and culture. We engage them and build their competence and confidence to communicate with others in meaningful and appropriate ways.
GLN teaches language through culture and culture through language because by studying languages people gain knowledge and understanding of the cultures that use that language, and in fact, cannot truly master the language until having also mastered the cultural contexts in which the language occurs.
We'll work with your schedule.
1776 Massachusetts Ave. NWSuite 400Washington, DC 20036
- Data Entry
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Customer Service
- 30-40 Hours/week
- Submit your resume for evaluation and an interview.