Volunteer Program Assistant - Office/Clerical
Founded in 1972, Literacy DuPage is a community-based nonprofit whose mission is to provide accessible and customized English language tutoring to help adults achieve independence.
We are supported through generous grants from the Illinois Secretary of State, DuPage County, DuPage Community Foundation, Ron McDaniel Foundation, and other generous foundations, individuals and businesses.
We recruit and train volunteers to tutor adult learners at mutually convenient times and locations throughout DuPage County. Last year 400 volunteers gave over 20,000 hours of their time to serve 500 adult learners.
The Program Assistant Volunteer is a part-time volunteer position and will assist the Program Assistant and Program Director in day-to-day operations. Specifically helping with materials that are required for new tutor training.
- Print and cut in-take cards, post cards and other materials for learner and tutor outreach
- Print and assemble materials for tutor registration, orientations and trainings
- Manage tutor materials used for trainings by making sure materials are readily available and alert Program Assist when new materials need to be ordered.
- General administrative tasks including, filing, making copies and double checking paperwork.
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word
The Program Assistant Volunteer position is approximately 4-10 hours per week and reports directly to the Program Assistant. DuPage County resident preferred. Interested and qualified candidates should email Jeanine Follert-Lavoie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18