Want to see the inside of a news organization in all of its aspects? We offer you a chance to learn how a newsroom works by taking on a multiplicity of entry-level tasks that help our operation hum.
WhoWhatWhy, the high-minded, outside-the-box team of journalists, is looking for a smart, meticulous individual to keep track of projects and tasks within the editorial department. . You will attend weekly calls with our editors and record story ideas, concerns and suggestions on behalf of everyone on the team. Charged with following initiatives to completion, you will solidify each item to determine next steps and ensure deadlines are met.
This position is part-time and pro bono, but down the road, as we grow, we can offer possibilities of compensation. We also give all team members the change to pitch stories, and to learn new skills in new areas - to grow.
WhoWhatWhy is changing public awareness. We are a credible solution to the raging debate over whether news is "fake" or not," with agenda-free research and bracingly fresh analysis. Non-corporate, non-partisan and commercial-free, we are powered entirely by public support and the passionate involvement of people who believe in our mission.
If you’re able to commit and wish to be part of this, we want to hear from you. Send us your resume and a customized cover letter that shows you have studied our brand, explains why you are qualified for this position and confirms that you understand the fundamentally voluntary aspect.
- Join weekly editorial calls and document story ideas, operational issues and creative concepts
- Review and discuss notes with senior editors to determine next steps
- Log general inquiries and communicate material to appropriate department personnel
- Track initiatives and remind team members of deadlines
- Have excelled in an administrative capacity
- Strong work ethic and a meticulous and consistent approach toward work
- Pleasant personality and good at working with others
- The ability to work in a virtual, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...