Community Outings Helper
2 people are interested
Community Outings Helpers spend time with PAI participants as they engage in various activities in the community including visits to local museums, volunteer sites, favorite stores or restaurants, bowling, community art classes, and more! These activities primarily take place Monday - Friday, 9am - 1pm, and may include the following roles and responsibilities:
- Pushing a participant's wheelchair
- Helping a participant interact with individuals in the community, such as ordering food, paying for an item at a store, etc.
- Assisting a participant in their volunteer role at community organizations
- Offering encouragement and a positive attitude
With your help, more people will have the opportunity to be meaningfully engaged in their community!
PAI is a nonprofit organization serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our mission is to engage individuals in meaningful participation and connection with the community. PAI operates four day program sites in the northeast metro that offer an array of services and opportunities for people with disabilities to create a life they enjoy.
If interested, please fill out our online volunteer application at the following link: https://www.paimn.org/how-to-help/volunteer.html
We'll work with your schedule.
3700 Highway 61 N, Suite 200St. Paul, MN 55110
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours each week, month or quarter - we will work with your schedule!